WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
- A very soft Mattress Overlay for comfort, and to help prevent pressure sores
- Internal soft, breathable Soft Hollow-Core Polyester Fiber helps air to circulate
- Can be used upside down and reversed head to toe to revive the internal fibers
- Soft, breathable four-way stretch cover that wicks moisture away from the body
- 10 individual pockets with a zip opening to allow fiber to be added or removed
Choice of two attachments:
• The Top Sheet is made from the same moisture-wicking material used to cover the Soft Mattress Overlay. The Sheet has press studs which are fastened to the opposite press studs on the Overlay and can be easily removed for washing.
• The Top Sheet – Waterproof is the same size as the Top Sheet, but made from a breathable, four-way stretch waterproof material, to help prevent a patient soiling the Overlay. This Sheet also attaches to the press studs on the Overlay.
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT SUITABLE FOR?
The Soft Mattress Overlay is designed to help prevent pressure care issues developing with low to moderate risk patients to a maximum weight of 100kgs, and to be comfortable to sleep on.
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
The patient can sleep on either side of the Overlay, so the press studs on the Overlay may be facing up or down. As it is possible to use both sides of the Overlay, it can be used one way up for some weeks then flipped or rotated, like some foam mattresses, to revive the internal fibers.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT MADE FROM?
Polyester fiber, material.
Even with good pressure care mattresses, it is still necessary to turn patients. If a patient is left on their back for too long, their internal organs can drop due to gravity. A patient lying on the Soft Mattress Overlay may be more difficult to turn, compared to a patient on a firm foam mattress. In this situation we recommend using a Slide & Turn Sheet, or a Slide & Turn Hoist Sheet for heavier patients, to assist with the heavy manual handling.