WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
The Leg Elevation Rest is designed to raise the legs and feet to help reduce swelling. It is made from firm foam with convolutions at the top to help with blood flow and promote air circulation to prevent heat build-up. There is a layer of soft memory foam on top of the convolutions for extra comfort.
The cover is very soft and stretchy to create a soft surface for the legs to rest on. This material is used in some sports clothing to help wick moisture away from the body.
The Leg Elevation Rest is designed so that you can sleep on your back or side. It can also be used to elevate the legs while sitting on a couch/sofa.
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT SUITABLE FOR?
The Leg Elevation Rest can help people with the following:
- Provides relief from discomfort caused by varicose veins and spider veins
- May help aching and cramping in the legs
- Offers relief for tired legs during pregnancy or convalescence
- Helps with vascular drainage and blood circulation
- Assists in reducing the symptoms of DVT and phlebitis
- Elevates the legs from the hips, effectively reducing pressure on the lower back
- Distributes weight to help mitigate lower back strain and pressure on the sciatic nerves
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Place the Leg Elevation Rest at the foot end of the bed. Once you’re in bed, adjust the low edge of the Leg Rest to align under your knees. You may be able to slide the Rest using your legs.
Back Sleeping: Crucially, position your knees on the Leg Rest to prevent hyper-extension, which is an injury resulting from the knee bending excessively backward. Do not have a gap under your knee joints.
Side Sleeping: For side sleeping, it may be better to move the Leg Rest a little further away from your bottom to reduce the height, which will help to avoid any undue strain on your spine. Raise your legs from below the hip and maintain a straight spine.
Elevated Feet and Bedding: Remember that with your feet elevated by the Leg Rest, the weight of blankets or duvets might feel somewhat ‘heavier’ on your feet compared to when your legs are flat on the bed. To alleviate any pressure, ensure that your blankets are loosely draped over your feet.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT MADE FROM?