WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
The Slide Board – Stubby, is a plastic slide board used for transferring to and from a wheelchair to a car, chair, bed, commode, etc. It is made from a self-lubricating plastic, which stays slippery, but can mark easily. Although it marks easily, the benefit of the slipperiness makes it ideal for slide board transfers.
Although some people use wooden slide boards with success, the plastic we use has the following benefit over wooden slide boards:
- Plastic is not affected by humidity, whereas wood can be
- Plastic is not affected by water/rain/drink spills, whereas wood can be
- Plastic keeps it’s shape, whereas wooden slide boards can splinter at the edges.
- Wooden slide boards can snap without warning
- The poly plastic material is very strong, and even under extreme weight testing, it bends, but does not snap or break.
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT SUITABLE FOR?
The Slide Board – Stubby, is suitable for any wheelchair user who has can safely transfer using a slide board, either independently or with support.
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Slide as much of the slide board under the person’s bottom as possible. Ensure the slide board is well supported on both sides with as little an unsupported gap as possible, before transferring. Never have a gap of more than one third the width of the board.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT MADE FROM?