WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
We supply the Seclusion Gown for people under observation. They may be in seclusion sections or locked wards in psychiatric care facilities.
We use a very strong material with strong, thick stitching for this product. It can therefore withstand a lot of stress.
Psychiatric wards of many hospitals purchase this product because it is difficult for agitated people to tear the material.
The Seclusion Gown is available in two material options:
- Standard – a polyester/synthetic/semi-synthetic blend
- Fire Retardant
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT SUITABLE FOR?
This product may help people who are at risk of using a blanket to harm other people or themselves.
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Use as a standard gown.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT MADE FROM?
Standard material – A polyester/synthetic/semi-synthetic blend
Fire retardant material – Proban
Although this product is made a strong as possible, we still cannot guarantee that it against damage from someone under the influence of drugs or suffering from mental health issues.
Because this product is used with aggressive people who may try to destroy it, we cannot offer our standard warranty.
ALTERNATIVE OR RELATED PRODUCTS
CLEANING METHOD – STANDARD MATERIAL
Machine or hand wash.
MAXIMUM WASHING TEMPERATURE
80°C / 176°F.
Use a mild detergent. Do not use fabric softener.
Air dry in the shade. Alternatively, tumble dry on a cool temperature and make sure the drum is cool.
Only use and store the product when it is dry.
CLEANING METHOD – FIRE RETARDANT MATERIAL
Wash all Fire-Retardant Material products as instructed below before first use. Cold or warm machine wash up to 75°C. Air or tumble dry on a cool setting, ensuring the drum is cool. Ensure the product is dry before using or storing.
All Proban® treated fabrics are tested to meet Standard EN 531:1995 (50 washes at 75°C) and are certified by Rhodia Consumer Specialties Limited who manufacture the Proban chemical, to maintain their flame retardant qualities for 50 washes, as long as the correct laundering procedures are followed.Independent tests of Proban-treated garments have passed the flammability test after 100 to 150 washes.
Further information is available from the Proban® website: https://bit.ly/2ZOeRAR
Some important considerations when laundering Fire Retardant fabric
- Proban fabrics are thoroughly tested for flame retardant performance and durability to washing however, if the material is not laundered correctly it can fail flammability tests after a few washes.
- Proban treated articles may be washed in any conventional washing machine using a cold or warm wash, up to 75°C. Use the non-colour fast machine setting.
- Regular washing will help prevent soiling build up. A pre-soak of up to two hours may help for heavily soiled items.
- Use synthetic detergents only (e.g. Cold Power, Drive, Spree, Dynamo, FAB, Biozet, Radiant, Castle, OMO, Surf, etc.).
- Do not wash Proban garments in traditional soap powders as these types of soaps (Lux, Advance, Velvet, etc.) can form flammable deposits that may affect the fabrics flame retardant qualities.
- Never use hypochlorite based bleaches (e.g. White King, Domestos, and other supermarket blends) as they will attack the Proban finish and can reduce its flame retardant properties.
- Garments can be tumble dried, however to avoid shrinkage, take care not to over-dry.
The following information is taken from Proban’s website
Proban fabrics have been widely adapted by The U.K. National Health Service, Private Nursing Homes, and Network rail. All Proban fabrics meet the requirements:
- Proban fabrics meet the performance requirements of BS 7175: 1989 Section 3.
- Prior to testing, all Proban fabrics are washed 200 times in accordance with BS 5651 Hospital Laundry Procedure Normal.
Comfortable and lightweight Proban fabrics do not cause skin sensitisation and/or irritation on the wearer’s skin. Proban fabrics are ideal for manufacture of flame retardant sleepwear for retail and contract markets. Key features of the Proban fabrics include:
- High level of stability.
- Does not hydrolyse on long term storage.
- Durability after 50 washes.
Warranty Exclusion: Some patients who use the Seclusion products can have unpredictable behaviour, including violence. We are therefore unable to offer our normal warranty on these products.