WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
The Pressure Relief Memory Foam Cushion is a very comfortable cushion used for someone either in a wheelchair or standard chair. They are made as thin as possible to that people do not sit too high in the chair, but it still gives excellent pressure care and comfort.
2 sizes are available:
- 17″ x 17″ x 2.4″
- 19″ x 19″ x 2.4″
2 foam densities are available:
- A soft middle foam layer with a layer of memory foam either side.
- A firm middle foam layer with a layer of memory foam either side. This firmed foam becomes more supple when the person’s body temperature warms it up.
Having the memory foam on both sides means that you can rotate the cushion to give equal use on both sides over time.
3 cover options are available:
- Polyester material cover – A nice stretch material.
- Waterproof material cover – A breathable, waterproof stretch material, which is stitched together. The material can be wiped clean, but the stitch holes does still allow for moisture to get into the foam, so this may be an issue for incontinent people.
- Heat sealed cover – A 100% sealed cover which can be wiped clean for infection control. This cover has a an air reservoir flap which attaches underneath the chairs. This is to allow the air displaced for the foam to move when you sit down. Without this ability to move the air, it would be like sitting on a balloon.
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT SUITABLE FOR?
The Pressure Relief Memory Foam Cushion is suitable for people who need a comfortable, simple pressure care cushion, or for people at risk of developing pressure sores. There or more high-tech cushions on the market which aim to help treat pressure sores, but our range of cushions do not do that – they are a firm line of defense against pressure sores.
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Place the cushion on the seat and attached the ties.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT MADE FROM?
For any heat-sealed product, make sure there are not cuts or damage to the material before using. Continuously monitor the person using this product to ensure there are no adverse pressure care issues.