WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT?
The Bed Comforter is a body pillow that provides exceptional comfort. It is filled with hollow core polyester fiber. The design of the Bed Comforter allows it to be placed between the legs, preventing them from rubbing together. Additionally, it can be used as a resting spot for arms. For those who experience restless nights, the Bed Comforter may improve the quality of sleep and provide added comfort.
For individuals residing in aged care facilities, the Bed Comforter can provide a sense of security, discouraging them from leaving their own bed and attempting to get into other beds. We strongly recommend purchasing one of the three available spare covers. The use of a cover eliminates the need to wash the entire product, as only the cover requires washing.
- Standard – This is the Bed Comforter on it’s own. We recommend purchasing this with with the Spare Poly Cotton Cover, or a Spare Waterproof Cover with Sewn Seams.
- 100% Heat Sealed – This version has sealed seams, so no urine can get inside. Some people use this version with a Spare Poly Cotton Cover over the top that can be easily washed.
- Spare Poly-Cotton Cover – This is a nice soft blue material cover which most people use. It can go on top of either the Standard Bed Comforter, or the 100% Heat Sealed version.
- Spare Thermoregulating Cover – This is the same as the Spare Poly-Cotton Cover, but has a thermoregulating material sewn on the inside. See below for important information about this material.*
- Spare Waterproof Cover with Sewn Seams – This is soft, waterproof, wipeable material cover for incontinent people. It does have stitching, so it is not 100% Heat Sealed. It can go on top of either the Standard Bed Comforter, or the 100% Heat Sealed version.
*About the Thermoregulating Material
The TR Material was first developed to help astronauts in space maintain their body temperature. The material should help to ‘keep cool people warm’ and ‘keep warm people cool’. The material allows heat from the body to escape and if the body is getting cold, it traps the warmth of the body. Many people who are under cancer treatment such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy (radiation therapy) may find a benefit from the cooling material.
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT SUITABLE FOR?
The Bed Comforter may help a range of people:
- Able-bodied people – It is comfortable for any able-bodied person as a body pillow to help with sleep posture and cushioning the ankles.
- Aged care residents – For people in aged care, it may help them get a better nights sleep, especially if they have been used to sleeping next to their spouse for many years, and are suddenly sleeping on their own.
- Children – All children – not just those on the autism spectrum – may also get better rest form the security of sleeping next to something.
- Pregnant women – The comfort is beneficial for pregnant mums.
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Use as required.
WHAT IS THIS PRODUCT MADE FROM?
Polycotton, vinyl, 4-way stretch waterproof breathable material.